Oops We didn't Hear From Your Sensor
This error occurs when the setup takes too long, and the system assumes that a connection will not be made.
This means that the outdoor sensor is not talking to the NoiseAware system. For NoiseAware to hear from an outdoor sensor, the following must be true:
- There is an indoor NoiseAware sensor online (and within range of the outdoor sensor) installed on the same property.
- The MAC address entered on the app MUST match the MAC address on the sensor.
- Keep in mind, that all MAC addresses start with "12:4b:" the remaining characters will be different from sensor to sensor.
- For the full article on entering the MAC address click here (Article)
- The outdoor NoiseAware sensor must be powered on. This means the battery tab has been pulled, and the light on the outdoor sensor flashed.
If the above are all true, here are the steps to get past this error:
- Click 'Retry' - Setup may just require another minute or two, and clicking 'retry' will give it the necessary extra time. If it fails again, go to step 2
- Click 'Cancel' and restart the installation process - This will give you an opportunity to double check the MAC address you are entering on the app and ensure it matches what is on the sensor. If this fails go to step 3
- Power cycle your sensor by removing both batteries for 5 seconds, then putting them back in. Ensure the light flashes when you put them back in. Attempt the full setup process in the mobile app again.
Your sensor is not set up until you receive the "Success" message pictured below.
If you continue getting the 'oops' error and close out of the setup process, the sensor may show up as "Online" in your sensors tab. This is not accurate until you have received the "Success" message above.
If your sensor is showing up as online (in your sensors tab) but you did not get the "Success" message, and you are not sure. Just attempt to install it again (there is no need to delete it before attempting this). If setup process goes smoothly on this attempt, your sensor is online and you are done!