If you are experiencing set up issues with your outdoor sensor, it may be due to the sensor going through an update!
You may see an error message during the update (screenshot of error below).
Here are the steps to take when you receive this error.
- After installing the indoor sensor, open the NoiseAware app and begin the outdoor sensor setup.
- During the outdoor sensor setup it will likely ask you to manually enter the MAC address (located on the back of the sensor). The MAC address will always begin with “12:4b”.
- If you see the error pictured below, please close out of the app completely and wait 10 minutes before proceeding to check the status of the outdoor sensor on your NoiseAware app or Dashboard.
- If your sensor is displaying "Online", your outdoor sensor is online and functioning properly.
- If your sensor is showing “Never Connected” or “Offline” after waiting 10 minutes, please remove both batteries, put them back in and attempt the setup process one more time.
- Please be sure to double check the MAC address on the sticker during this setup process.
If you are still having issues with your outdoor sensor, please give our support team a call at 888-847-5538 or email us at email@example.com.