Setup Outdoor sensor
If you have not done so already, remove the battery tab and insert both batteries back into the sensor. DO NOT SCREW THE TOP OF THE OUTDOOR SENSOR BACK ON YET! You will need the MAC address that is shown on the inside of the outdoor sensor later on in setup.
**It is best to wait 5-10 minutes after you remove the tab and plug the sensors back into the sensor, before you move onto setup of the outdoor sensor. This will allow the outdoor sensor the necessary time to connect itself to the indoor sensor**
- Open your NoiseAware app from your phone or tablet
**Note** Setup cannot be performed on a computer, it must be done from an app on your phone or tablet
Select the three horizontal lines stacked on-top of each other at the top left of your app.
- Select "Setup sensor"
- Select "Outdoor Sensor"
- Select "Begin setup"
- (1) Select the property where you are wanting to setup an outdoor sensor. (2) Your sensors mac address should pre-populate in the serial number field below. Make sure the MAC address you are selecting is the exact match as the one on the label on your sensor (see next bullet point if it does not pre-populate). (3) Enter a name for your outdoor sensor
- Click "Next"
- If it does not pre-populate and you receive the below error message, select "Set up manually"
- Enter the MAC address EXACTLY as shown!
- If you receive the following error message, make sure you are installing your outdoor sensor within 150 feet of your indoor sensor. Once the sensor is within range, press ‘Try again’ and then enter the serial number manually.
- Mount your sensor in an area that is within 10 - 20 feet of where you suspect the noise with originate from. Since sound in an outdoor environment is so unpredictable on where it is going to go, this step is one of the most crucial steps to monitoring noise outside.
- The pin-hole of the outdoor sensor should face directly at the source (area) of noise. Even turning the sensor 90 degrees away from the source can have a dramatic effect on the readings.
- Click "Next"
- It is best to take a wide angle shot (step back 10-20 feet away from the sensor) that includes the sensor and the environment. This will come in handy when reviewing any alerts from that property, and troubleshooting any potential issues. If you do not wish to take a picture, you can select Done once you get to this screen.
- Once you take the picture, select "Done".
- After 2-5 minutes, the sensor should connect and you will see the following screen.